Oakland Global and Outer Harbor Intermodal Terminal
1The former Oakland Army Base built during World War II occupied 363 acres and was the largest military logistics center during the Korean and Vietnam wars. The base was closed under BRAC in 1999. Approximately 210 acres were transferred to the Port of Oakland in 2006.
The Oakland Global Project is transforming the Oakland Army Base into a world-class intermodal hub for transporting containers (TEUs), bulk cargo (iron ore), and project cargo by sea, rail, and road.
The Bodhi Group has been an important member of the Port of Oakland team, working with regulators (Department of Toxic Substances Control, Regional Water Quality Control Board, and the EPA), stakeholders (City of Oakland, Prologis CCIG Oakland Global, LLC), Contractors (Turner Top Grade Flat Iron, Balfour Beatty Gallagher & Burke), and Engineers (TY Lin, Parsons, Architectural Dimensions) to cleanup 133+ contaminated sites at the former Oakland Army Base in preparation for redevelopment.
The Bodhi Group has completed:
- Environmental investigation and remediation of 133+ sites
- Incorporated land use restrictions into design documents
- Reviewed contractor submittals
- Managed oversight of field monitoring during construction (Risk Management Plan and Mitigation Monitoring Reporting Program)
- Managed environmental data/GIS
INNOVATING | SUSTAINING | SOLVING
- City of San Diego Sewer and Water Group Jobs
- City of San Diego – Emerald Hills Stand Pipe Demolition
- Hazardous Waste Services On-Call , Caltrans District 11 San Diego and Imperial Counties, California (11A1638 and 11A1996)
- San Diego County Water Authority On-Call Environmental Services
- Oakland Global and Outer Harbor Intermodal Terminal
- South Bay Power Plant Below Ground Demolition